12 March 2013

Back To Basics (Fashion 101): Know Your Body (women)


"You shouldn't be pressured into trying to be thin by the fashion industry, because they only want models that are like human mannequins. [...] But you have to remember that it's not practical or possible for an everyday woman to look like that. Being size zero is a career in itself so we shouldn't try and be like them. It's not realistic and it's not healthy." - Rihanna



Hey everyone,
       As most of you know, am a new blogger. I have always wanted to share my love for fashion and ideas about fashion and style but always second guessed myself and I wondered if I could do it. But with the encouragement of a friend and fellow blogger Brenda Chuinkam (check out her blog). I decided to go for it. *OK, enough about of my clumsy self *.
            Today I am taking us back to were is all begins, the basics of fashion. The first thing you always have to know is your body shape. Every girl has to have this at the back of her hands or else you will always be in the wrong kind of clothes. There are Eight main body types for women once you know where you fall, trust me everything is going to be super easy from there onward  you will be able to shop better, dress better and mimic the style of people with the same body shape as you. These body types include:-

 Petite / Straight body type:
      The bust and hips are almost the same size  but waist is slightly smaller than the bust and hips. This is my body shape and I know many girls fall under this category too.







Pear Shaped / Pear body type:
     For pear shaped women, their hips are larger/ wider than their bust, and the waist gradually slopes out to the hips.






Spoon Body Type/ Curvy :
    For this body type, the hips are larger than the bust and the hips have a"shelf- like" appearance. The waist is slightly smaller than the bust.



Hourglass Body Type:
The bust and hips are basically the same size and your waist is well defined.






Top Hourglass Body Type:
For this body type, the bust is (slightly) larger than the hips and the waist is well defined.



Inverted Triangle Body Type:
Here, the bust is large, the hips are narrow and the waist is not very well defined.




Oval Body Type/ Apple shape:
For this body type, the waist is larger than the bust and hips. The hips are narrow compared to the 
shoulders. Breasts are ample/ large in size.


Diamond Body Type:
For this body type, the waist is larger than the bust and hips. The shoulders are narrow compared to the hips. Breasts are small to medium in size.


No matter what body type you are, you have to own it, be comfortable in it, rock it and love it because you are beautiful just the way you are (YES, YOU!). I hope this helps many of you, beautiful ladies.
        Thanks
                   xoxo
                          Alison

18 comments:

  1. Nice one Muke, I go for pear lol
    Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahah lol, i know most guys go for that shape :)

      Delete
  2. hmm... hmm... my sister's officially in the world of fashion... dont worry, we gonna rock all ur looks togeda! love u, deary and God bless u as u follow ur heart. Just never put on the back seat; Let Him be ur driver!
    Kele!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog,
    I love what you doing
    Incredible write ups

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, thanks hun. am a regular on yours already. means a lot coming from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ali this is very wonderful and i like it so so much. Keep up with Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow..cute and adorable..i go for all

    Hitch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahha that's good. like guys who don't discriminate

      Delete
  7. Who's the girl at the opposite side of Kim Kardashian?

    ReplyDelete
  8. For the swimsuit picture, from left to right, it's Kim, beyonce and a plus size model. Sorry I have forgotten her name

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm 174 pounds and 5'3. I want to get down to 120 pounds. I am hoping that once I lose all this weight I will discover that I have either an hour glass or a nice pear shape because I admire women with those body types and hope to be as curvy as they are one day. No boy hips welcomed on this body!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like curvy & hourglass

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who is the girl next to Rhianna?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have always wanted to share my love for fashion and ideas about fashion and style but always second guessed myself and I wondered if I could do it. But with the encouragement of a friend and fellow blogger Brenda Chuinkam (check out her blog). I decided to go for it. lingerie

    ReplyDelete