20 February 2017

Exclusive Interview: LOCKO "Music Is My Obsession"



Hi MK Readers,
Let me start by apologizing for the long silence, a lot has been going on but I will be making an official come back soon and you will hear all about it. But for now let's talk about a super talented young Camer artist. If you love Cameroon or African music, infact if you love any form of music and have not heard of LOCKO, then my brother/ sister you are not living. Locko is one of the most popular and buzzing young Cameroonian artists right now. Since his debut in 2015 with hit song - Margo, Locko has quickly become a house hold name. And with a roll of hit on hit songs like Ndutu, Sawa Romance and recently Supporter (ft Mr Leo), he has secured a position amongst the top artists in Cameroon. As a fan of good music as well as a Locko fan, i had to learn more about this soulful voice, guy.


MK: Bonjour Locko, It is a pleasure to feature you on my blog. I have been a big fan of yours. Thanks for accepting this interview. I doubt there is a Cameroonian on earth who doesn't know who you are, but for those who might want to know you more, Who is Locko? 

Locko: My name is LOCKO SAMBA Charles Arthur, I will be turning 25 on the 8th of may 2017. I hail from the littoral region of Cameroon precisely from Abo  Tribe. Was born in Yaoundé Cameroon and did my studies in the Anglo-saxon system . i am the second child in a family of three.



Amazing! So, Why the name Locko? 

Locko is my real name I think is authentic to bear my family name.

I totally agree, If you had to describe yourself in 3 words what will they be?

Humble-strict-Ambitious

I guess being strict keeps you grounded, I definitely agree on your humility and ambition. When did you get into music and what inspired you?

I got into music professionally 3years ago and the truth is I didn't have a choice because music is my obsession.




Wow, Was it always easy? And did you ever believe that you will get this popular and successful?

It has and is still not easy because as you grow in your career people's expectations grow as well. As such you need to work harder always pushing your limits. And I think if you have a dream and you go for it then you should atleast believe it will come true.

You couldn't be more right. You are one of the most popular artists in Cameroon and definitely one of my top 3 favorite artist. What is the key to your success?

Thank you for grading me up to one of your favorite artist and The Key is being "YOU" being "TRUE" don't "FAKE "it .

Definitely! You release hit songs after hit song after hit song. I absolutely love every song of yours with Margo being my favourite. What inspires you musicially? And why love songs?


I am inspired by what I see, hear and live. And love is everywhere though in different forms.

Yes oo, in all kinds of forms, the good, the bad and the ugly. Speaking of Love, is Locko in Love? Does Locko have a girlfriend? And how to you handle all your many female fans?

Yes I am in love, and I love my female fans so whenever I can discuss with them on personal issues I do and I love the fact that they advise me too.




Wow! I guess that's a yes to the girl friend question *smily face* . Which of your songs is your favourite and why?

Honestly I can't tell,but let's try to answer this question when my first Album will be out.

Ok oo. "Supporter"is played in every club, party, and event in Cameroon and aboard, how did it feel like working with Mr Leo? Which other Cameroon artists will you love to have a collab with?

It was refreshing. it was more fun than work though I fell sick lol






The fun definitely came through in the video. Who are your biggest musical inspirations and why?

Charlotte Dipanda, i don't get inspired particularly by somebody because it might lead me to impersonating.

I see! What do you have to say about beefing between artists and or fans?

We are in 2017 please let's move ahead and encourage unity and respect amongst artists.

Totally agree, What are 2 things that most people do not know about you?

I am the best FIFA player in Cameroon lol and I would love to see which kind of actor I will be one day.



Sawa Romance is proof that you have great acting skills. May be we will see you in some Camer movies soon.You are definitely an inspiration to so many young cameroonians who are either upcoming artists, artists or have hopes of becoming artists? What is your advice to them.

Work hard, pray hard and Be Yourself.  Don't try to be a copycat

Great advice! Where do you see yourself in 3 years and what is your wish for 2017?

This question reminds me of the fact that I am on your Top three Cameroonian artists presently. So I wish that in 3years I will be amongst your Top 3 worldwide😊and 2017 marks the beginning of that wish.


hahahaha you are funny. AMEN, AMEN and AMEN. Thanks for your time. It's been a pleasure having you and I pray the year is full with lots of blessing for you and your team. 

Thank you so much for your support and my best wishes to you too.

Thanks :)


Follow Locko on Social Media and Contact Info below:

Facebook: Locko Official
Twitter: @lockofficial
Instagram: @Lockofficial
Email: bigdreamsent@gmail.com


Thanks for reading



No comments:

Post a Comment